Monday 1 August 2011

a-england Guinevere

Here goes........


I knew my first swatch post was going to be one of my a-england colours as I have been wearing these almost exclusively since I received my first one, but narrowing it down to one colour was difficult, eventually I ended up going with Guinevere as it was one of my new purchases and looked lovely in the bottle.  On the a-england website Adina describes this colour as 'beautiful elegant antique pale mauve the newest neutral shade' 


I was not disappointed by this colour at all, it is an elegantly pretty, soft mauve and is one of the muted colours that are so popular this season, saying that, I could not find anything that was like this in my collection.


Now, for the photos, each of these were taken with no basecoat as my current one has went thick and I am waiting to buy The Knight, 2 coats of Guinevere and 1 coat of a-englands top coat, The Shield.











I love this colour and the application was spot on, the consistency was thick, but not too thick and was very easy to apply for a cream polish and not a streak in sight.


Thanks for looking and any comments or thoughts are much appreciated.


And to finish, here is an up-to-date photo of my a-england collection.......





You can buy a-england polishes on the official website and they are £9 each,  here are links to Guinevere and The Shield:

a-england guinevere
a-england the shield

4 comments:

  1. well done on your first post! your nails look good as does Guinevere :) was she a one-coater like the holos? Do you love the shield as much as I do? hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Maria :) I probably could have got away with one coat of her, but went with two, and I do love the Shield, so glad I finally got it :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the first post! Guinevere looks a beautiful colour. And a creme that doesn't streak.... I must have this! Looking forward to the rest of your posts :) Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you like Guinevere Jen, and thank you for your lovely comment :) x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave me a comment as I do enjoy reading them all but I would kindly ask that if you wish to send me a link (to your own blog etc), please do so via email (details on side bar) xx